After connecting Sublime Text to GitHub, you need to log in to your Cloudways account and get into the WordPress application. From the left panel in the dashboard, go to Deployment via Git and tap on Generate SSH Keys. Click VIEW SSH KEY and download SSH Keys. Go to and create a Github account if you don’t have one. Sign in to your github account. Go to the + button icon on the top right and click on “new repository” Create a new respository- name it as “wordpress” (or anything you want).
In this article, we will see how to backup your wordpress site to github for free using the wordpress github sync plugin.
NASA's Perseverance rover has its own Twitter account, and it has amassed more than 2 million followers since landing on Mars on February 18th. Perserverance twitter account. The latest tweets from @NASAPersevere.
You may also like- Search for WordPress sites.
You can easily take backups of your wordpress site to github. In case if you lose some of your wordpress content, you can easily get back your lost content using github wordpress backup.
Wordpress On Github
Github Wordpress Developers
Wordpress Github Updater
- Go to https://github.com/ and create a Github account if you don’t have one.
- Sign in to your github account.
- Go to the + button icon on the top right and click on “new repository”
- Create a new respository-> name it as “wordpress” (or anything you want). Make sure initialize this repository with a README is enabled. Click on create repository.
- Now go to your wordpress control panel and go to Plugins-> Add New. Search for “github sync”. Install and activate “wordpress github sync”.
- Go to settings-> and click Github sync. Here enter the following details-
- Repository your github username/repository name (For example- muthali/wordpress)
- Create a personal oauth token- Click on the personal oauth token link given in the dashboard. Give token description as “wordpress sync” and scope as “public repo” and click generate token .
- Export to github– Now this will create a token for you. Copy paste this in your wordpress control panel and click on export to github. Now if you go to github profile-> repositories-> wordpress, you will find your wordpress site backup.
- Go to wordpress folder->
- Here you can see that all your posts have been backed up.
- How to restore- Go to settings-> github sync-> Import from Github