- Build better sites faster and empower content creators with pre-built and customizable content sections, full page layouts, and advanced tools for the WordPress block editor. GeoTarget Personalize content based on visitor location for $15.00 / month $150.00 / year.
- WP Engine is in a different class. Their products are aimed at somewhere between novices and experts depending on the specific feature, their UI is clunky and clearly designed by engineers, but their customer support is excellent.
WP Travel Engine is a free travel booking WordPress plugin to create travel and tour packages for tour operators and travel agencies. It is a complete travel management system and includes plenty of useful features. You can create your travel booking website using WP Travel Engine in less than 5 minutes. Learn more at WP Travel Engine.com.
What’s WP Engine? “A WordPress hosting company” So, lots of hosts will host your “WordPress.org” site. WordPress.com just got a mention, but GoDaddy, Bluehost, Digitial Ocean, AND WP Engine are also “web hosting companies happy to let you run a WordPress site.” As you might guess from its name, WP Engine.
Themes Compatible with WP Travel Engine
- Travel Agency by Rara Theme
- Travel Agency Pro by Rara Theme
- Travel Booking by WP Travel Engine
- Travel Booking Pro by WP Travel Engine
- WP Tour Package by Rara Theme
- Tour Operator by Rara Theme
- Travel Tour by The Bootstrap Themes
- Travel Tour Pro by The Bootstrap Themes
- Travel Company by Scorpion Themes
- Travel Company Pro by Scorpion Themes
- Traversify Lite by Code Themes
- Traversify Pro by Code Themes
GO FURTHER WITH EXTENSIONS
With the add-on plugins from our plugin shop, you can add more features to your travel booking website. Some of our extensions highlights include:
- Trip Fixed Starting Dates allows travel agencies to add trip fixed starting dates and number of spaces available for booking.
- Trip Fixed Starting Dates Countdown allows travel agencies to add a fixed starting dates countdown to the desired trips.
- Trip Weather Forecast allows travel agencies to add a weather forecast widget to the desired trips.
- Group Discount allows travel agencies to provide adult and child group discount to customers and increase group sales.
- Trip Search enables customers to search trips based on destination, activities, duration and budget. If trip starting dates are added using Trip Fixed Departure Dates extension, then customers can search based on dates as well.
- Partial Payment allows travel agencies to collect advance or upfront payment.
- Trip Reviews allows customers to write reviews for travel packages.
- User History provides desired insights on how customers are visiting your website.
- Extra Services makes it easier for the tour operators to add services like airport pick-up, hotel drop-off, vehicle rental, or any other services you want to the trips.
- Trips Embedder lets you quickly add/embed selected trips in between your blog posts and website pages content area, right from the WordPress WYSIWYG content editor.
- Advanced Itinerary Builder lets you add informative and descriptive details per day in the Itinerary section of a particular trip.
- Form Editor lets you customize the forms in the WP Travel Engine core plugin.
- File Downloads helps you add downloadable files to the trip individual post.
- Itinerary Downloader create an offline, quick accessible trip detail brochure file.
- Trip Code lets you define your own custom Trip Code.
- Coupon Code lets you manage discount campaigns through either flat discount or percentage discount.
- Currency Converter lets user display and compare trip prices in available currencies or Geolocate.
For any feature or extension request, please contact our support team.
We offer integration with most common payment gateways to enable you sell travel packages online hassle free.
Payment Gateway supported in the core free plugin:
* PayPal Standard
Payment gateways supported through premium extensions:
* PayPal Express Checkout
* PayU Biz
* Himalayan Bank
* PayU Money
Visit our payment gateways category in the shop for full list of supported payment gateways. If you have any request about payment gateways, please contact our support team for extension or feature request.
Key Features and Highlights
Unlimited travel packages: There is no limitation on the number of trips. You can add a trip, trip gallery, description, regular price, sales price, duration, unlimited trip facts, FAQs and the cost included and excluded. It also includes itinerary builder. So you can include day-to-day itinerary.
Smart Travel Booking Process: The online booking process is smooth, quick and smart. The price automatically gets adjusted based on the number of people selected for booking. The booking form only includes the fields that are necessary, which results in faster booking and more sales!
Payment Processing: WP Travel Engine comes with PayPal Standard payment processing. Your customers can book online and you can receive payment easily using your PayPal account. We are working on add-ons for more payment processing. If you have any suggestion or request related to payment processing, please contact us here.
Enquiry form: WP Travel Engine includes an enquiry form on the trip page so that travellers can easily find the form, fill it out and contact you. You can now get more sales enquiries.
Booking Email Notification: You can customize the message that your customer receives when they book a trip. Also, every time a traveller books a trip on your website, you too will receive an email notification with all the booking details.
Booking Details: The booking information is all saved on your website with all the details of the travellers. You are just a few clicks away whenever you need any booking details or information.
Create More Tabs: There already are four tabs (Overview, Itinerary, Costs and FAQs) on each page. If you need more than four tabs on a trip page, easily create them and you can even change their order!
Unlimited Trip Facts: You can create unlimited trips ‘Facts’ such as group size, meals, accommodation, the best time to visit and so on, and then add the trip facts to different trips.
Destination Page: You can easily create destination pages. For example, London, USA and Japan. So whenever a traveller visits a particular destination page (for example, London), the traveller can see all the trips that belong to that destination.
Activities Page: You can create different activities page such as hiking, sightseeing tours, mountain biking, skiing and so on. Then you can connect different trips to these activities. So when a customer visits your website, not only will they see the various activities that you offer, but they can also see the all the trips that include that activity.
For example, if a customer visits a Hiking page, they will able to see all the trips that include hiking.
Trip Type Page: You can even categorize your trips according to their types using WP Travel Engine plugin. You can create different Trip Types and then connect these with your trips.
For example, you can create trip types like dog-friendly, child-friendly, budget travel, nature walk and weekends trips. So when a customer visits a single trip page (for example, dog-friendly), all the trips that are dog-friendly are displayed.
Currency: You can also choose the currency in which you want to sell your trip package.
Translation Ready: The plugin is fully translation ready. So feel free to translate your website in any language.
Customization and Flexibility
The WP Travel Engine is flexible and easily customizable. There are a number filters and hooks for developers to extend the plugin and customize it as per your need.
- Display All Trips:
, where either list or grid layout and number of posts to be displayed can be specified.
- Display Selected Trips:
, where trip_id is replaced by the trip ID. Go to Trips > All Trips > Trip ID column to get the desired trip ID.
- Display trips by Trip Activities:
, where term_id is replaced by the activities term ID.
Wordpress Engineer Salary
- Display trips by Trip Destination:
, where term_id is replaced by the destination term ID.
- Display trips by Trip Types:
, where term_id is replaced by the trip types term ID.
Note: How to get the term ID?
- For Destination, go to Trips > Destinations > Term ID column to get its term ID.
- For Trip Types, go to Trips > Trip Types > Term ID column to get its term ID.
- For Activities, go to Trips > Activities > Term ID column to get its term ID.
Display Trip Video Gallery:
, where trip_id is replaced by the trip ID and type equals to popup by default.
Documentation and User Manual
The user guide will provide you with a step-by-step tutorial to use WP Travel Engine. If you need help to setup and configure the WP Travel Engine plugin, do refer to our user guide here.
Support and Suggestions
If you need any further assistance or support, do contact us at this support form. We at WP Travel Engine are also open to your suggestions. So do feel free to tell us if there is anything we can do to improve the plugin.
As the plugin itself provides a simple and clean design, you can easily modify it. WP Travel Engine plugin will work with any theme, but it may require some styling to make it match.
Uploading in WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Upload’ area
- Select wp-travel-engine.zip from your computer
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin dashboard
- Download wp-travel-engine.zip
- Extract the wp-travel-engine directory to your computer
- Upload the wp-travel-engine directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin dashboard
There are several ways to get WordPress. The easiest is through a hosting provider, but sometimes tech-savvy folks prefer to download and install it themselves.
Either way, you can use your WordPress through a web browser and with our mobile apps.
Inspiration strikes anywhere, anytime
Create or update content on the go with our mobile apps.Learn more about our mobile apps
Choosing a hosting provider can be difficult, so we have selected a few of the best to get you started.
Privacy-focused and dedicated to the Open Web, DreamHost provides some of the most powerful and secure managed WordPress environments in the world.Visit DreamHost
Wordpress Engineering Themes
Bluehost has turned passion for WordPress into the fastest, simplest managed platform for your websites. Recommended by WordPress since 2005, each WordPress package offers a free domain, free SSL, and 24/7 support.Visit Bluehost See all of our recommended hosts
Priceless, and also free
Best macro keys for gaming. Download WordPress and use it on your site.
With our famous 5-minute installation, setting up WordPress for the first time is simple. We’ve created a handy guide to see you through the installation process.
Want to get notified about WordPress releases? Join the WordPress Announcements mailing list and we will send a friendly message whenever there is a new stable release.
We recommend servers running version 7.4 or greater of PHP and MySQL version 5.6 ORMariaDB version 10.1 or greater.
We also recommend either Apache or Nginx as the most robust options for running WordPress, but neither is required.
For help getting started, check out our Documentation and Support Forums.
Meet other WordPress enthusiasts and share your knowledge at a WordPress meetup group or a WordCamp.
Wordpress Engine Log In
To support education about WordPress and open source software, please donate to the WordPress Foundation.