It enables email apps, web browsers, and other apps to use add-ons that haven't been updated to support Apple silicon. If an app doesn't recognize a plug-in, extension, or other add-on, quit the app, select this setting, and try again. The above instruction works for me, I have now successfully used the Mendeley work Plugin in Mac mini M1 chip. It enables email apps, web browsers, and other apps to use add-ons that haven't been updated to support Apple silicon. If an app doesn't recognize a plug-in, extension, or other add-on, quit the app, select this setting, and try again. The above instruction works for me, I have now successfully used the Mendeley work Plugin in Mac mini M1 chip. Mendeley Cite speeds up the process of referencing when writing, giving researchers the tools to quickly and easily insert references from their Mendeley library directly into their Microsoft Word document. You will need to install the Mendeley MS Word Plugin before using Mendeley citations in your Word documents. First make sure that all instances of any Microsoft applciations are closed. Open Mendeley Desktop and click on Tools, Install MS Word Plugin. The plugin will install and you should get a success message with instructions on how to use it.
- Open Word and Insert your cursor where you want your citation to appear.
- If using a Windows device, Click the 'references' tab and select 'insert citation' in the 'Mendeley Cite-O-Matic' section.
Mendeley Plug In Word
- If using a Mac and Word 2016, click the Add-Ins tab and slect 'Insert or Edit Citation'. In previous versions of Word for the Mac, the Mendeley add-on is a floating toolbar.
- Search for the reference you want, select it, and press OK.
Create a bibliography
- Put your cursor where you want the bibliography to begin
- If using a Windows device, click the 'references' tab and select 'insert bibliography' in the 'Mendeley Cite-O-Matic' section.
- If using a Mac, click the 'Add-Ins' tab and select 'insert bibliography'.
Change your Citation Style
- If using a Windows device, click the 'references' tab and click the down arrow next to the 'style' field in the 'Mendeley Cite-O-Matic' section. If using a Mac device, click the 'Add-Ins' tab and select 'Choose Citation Style'
- Select the style you want and the references in your document will now reflect your new style.
- If the style you want is not listed here, select the 'more styles' option at the bottom, and from the 'installed styles' tab, select your style and click 'use this style'.
- If the style you want is not installed, click the 'get more styles' tab, search for the style you need, select it and click 'install'. The style is now available for you to use in your document.
Mendeley Word Plugin Mac Catalina
To install an in-text citation:
- Point your cursor where you want to add the citation
- Click ‘Insert or Edit Citation’ A new window will pop up
- Type in the name of the author, part of the title, or the year of the citation and Mendeley will show you a list of matches from your library.
- Select the article or book, and click ‘ok’ to automatically cite that text in Word
If you can’t remember the author or title of the article you’re looking for, or if you’d like to browse your library for more references, you can click ‘Go To Mendeley’ in the Citation pop-up.
This button will open up your Mendeley Desktop, with one small difference. There will now be a temporary button in the top bar that says ‘Cite’. Select your reference from the list, and click ‘Cite’ to have Mendeley insert the citation and take you back to your Word document.
Mendeley Word Plugin Mac Not Working
Please note that you can only add citations from Mendeley Desktop, not Mendeley Web. Also, The Style dropdown box will not display a bibliographic style until you have inserted your first citation.