Vivaldi Summer Portrait Of A Lady On Fire
Antonio Vivaldi Portrait
Media in category 'Portraits of Antonio Vivaldi' The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total. Get in touch with us by emailing email protected. The screenshots and image resources on this page are released under the CC-BY-4.0 (Creative Commons Attribution 4.0) licence. For attribution, screenshots and images must be credited to 'Vivaldi.
- Portrait Of Antonio Vivaldi, Italian Composer Engraving Painting. More from This Artist Similar Designs. Vivaldi Vintage Concert Poster Painting. More from This Artist Similar Designs. Antonio Vivaldi, Italian Composer And Violonist, Engraving Painting.
- Portrait of Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741). Oil on canvas, Italian School, 18th century. Civico Museo Bibliografico Musicale, Bologna, Italy. (Photo by Stefano Bianchetti/Corbis via Getty Images).
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category 'Portraits of Antonio Vivaldi'
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Antonio Vivaldi portrait.jpg821 × 1,023; 242 KB
- Vivaldi.jpg1,284 × 1,533; 148 KB
- Antonio Vivaldi.jpg511 × 638; 223 KB
- Leopoldo Zaffalon TMDC-06.jpg1,325 × 1,600; 285 KB
- Vivaldi Antonio.gif1,284 × 1,533; 805 KB
- Vivaldi by Caldwall.jpg800 × 800; 365 KB
- Vivaldi doubtful.jpg450 × 456; 59 KB
- Vivaldi La Cave.jpg620 × 760; 421 KB
- Vivaldi1.jpg1,800 × 1,800; 812 KB
Music with Ease > Classical Composer Pictures > Antonio Vivaldi PicturesBettertouchtool spotify.
Italian composer and violinist
Share this page:
One of the most admired composers from the Baroque period, Vivaldi developed the three-movement concerto and wrote over 450 concertos (including many for the violin); operas, oratorios, motets, cantantas and other sacred music. The most popular work of Vivaldi music is The Four Seasons.
Caricature of Antonio Vivaldi by Pier Leone Ghezzi in 1723.
The wording on this caricature is as follows: 'Il Prete rosso, Compositore / di Musica che fece / L'opera a Capranica del 1723' (The Red Priest, composer / of music who made / The opera at the Capranica of 1723).
Engraved Portrait of Antonio Vivaldi (1725).
Artist: François Morellon la Cave.
Portrait of a Venetian violinist of the 18th century that traditionally has been considered to be that of Antonio Vivaldi.
This portrait shows a musician holding both a violin and a plume (or pen). Many argue that this show that this person is both an violinist and a composer. Some say that this musician is Antonio Vivaldi, claiming they can see a lock of red hair peeping out from under the wig -- Vivaldi was known as 'il preto rosso' (the red headed priest). Some authorities (such as Groves Dictionary of Music and Musicians) have recently disputed whether this painting actually depicts Vivaldi. Some say that this is a portrait of Corelli.
This portrait may be seen in the Museo internazionale e biblioteca della musica (International Museum and Library of Music), Bologna, Italy.
Title page of Vivaldi's Suonate da camera a Trè due Violini, e Violine o Cembalo, op. 1. This work of 12 sonatas was published in Venice in 1705.
Share this page:
Author: David Paul Wagner
(David Paul Wagner on Google+)
Note: This picture gallery page includes drawings, paintings, photos and images of Antonio Vivaldi, his music, activities, friends and family, and the various places where the composer lived and wrote.