Twitter Support. Some of you may have recently received an email to “confirm your Twitter account” that you weren’t expecting. These were sent by mistake and we’re sorry it happened. If you received one of these emails, you don't need to confirm your account and you can disregard the message.
See if Twitter Direct Messages is down or having service issues today. My dms are not working it's telling me you are not following me. February 27, 2015 12:12 AM. How to Fix Twitter Videos Not Playing Issue? Twitter videos are not playing anymore though all was perfect and was working fine two days back. I don't know what happened suddenly that. It shows me the message ' The media could not be played' continuously. I deleted the cookies, history, reinstalled Chrome but the same problem.
- Using Twitter
- Managing your account
- Login and password
- Safety and security
- Security and hacked accounts
- Rules and policies
- Twitter Rules and policies
Having trouble installing the latest Twitter for Android app?
If you’re having trouble installing the latest Twitter for Android app, check to see how much space is available on your phone. Ideally, your device should have a minimum of 50MB of available space.
To see how much space is available on your device, follow these instructions:
- From your device's home screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Device section, open Storage.
- If your device has less than 50MB available, you may need to uninstall other apps to clear space.
- Once you have more space available, try downloading the app again.
If you have enough space available and you’re still having trouble installing the app, try the following:
- Cancel the download in the Google Play Store, then restart the download.
- If restarting the download doesn’t work, try logging out of Twitter. Then retry downloading the app.
- If you’re still unable to download the app, try uninstalling the Twitter app from your device. After it’s uninstalled, restart your phone and then re-install the Twitter app from the Google Play Store.
- If you’re still having trouble, check the Google Play Help Center for tips to troubleshoot download issues.
Note: The Twitter for Android app is available for phones running Android 7.93.4 and above. We no longer support older versions. If you remain on these versions, please note that you may not be able to install or update Twitter for Android app in the Google Play Store. Please also note that the app may also stop working as expected. To experience the most up-to-date Twitter for Android experience, update your Android device OS and download the latest version in the store, or visit twitter.com in your browser.
Try clearing the app's data
Clearing the app's data can help the app run faster and solves many common issues. Clearing data from the app will not remove your account from the app or any of your account information, but it will reset your notification and sync settings to their default settings.
- From your device's home screen, tap the Settings icon.
- Select Applications.
- Select the Twitter app, scroll down and tap Clear Data.
- If you've cleared your data but are still experiencing the issue, try turning your phone off and then on.
Check that your time zone settings are set to update automatically
If you're seeing 'Unauthorized' or 'Invalid username and Password' when you try to sign in, this is likely caused by incorrect time zone settings or an outdated version of the Twitter client application. Please make sure your Twitter client is up to date with the latest version and that the date, time and timezone settings are set to update automatically.
Twitter Not Working On Computer
- Press the menu button from from your home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Date & Time.
- Make sure the option to Set Automatically is enabled.
Log out of the app and log back in
If clearing your app's data or turning your phone off and then on again didn't work, you should try logging out of the app and then logging back in. If you’ve enabled login verification on your account, be sure to store a backup code before logging out.
Download excel free. To log out of Twitter for Android:
- In the top menu, you will either see a navigation menu icon or your profile icon. Tap whichever icon you have and select Settings and privacy.
- Tap Account, then tap Log out. This will not deactivate your account, rather this will only log your account out of the app.
- Confirm the removal of the account by tapping OK.
To log back in to your account:
- After logging out of the account, you can add it back by opening the app and tapping Log in.
- Enter your username and password.
- Tap Log in.
Check your network connection
First try powering down your device for a few moments. Turn your device back on and make sure you have a strong data connection.
If you are using WiFi to connect to the Twitter for Android app, try an alternate WiFi connection. If one works and the other does not, it is most likely that the WiFi connection does not accept SSL or is blocking Twitter.
Twitter Not Working
If you have a network connection but WiFi is turned on, your device will default to the WiFi connection.
Uninstall and reinstall the app
If you’ve enabled login verification on your account, be sure to store a backup code before uninstalling the app.
To uninstall the Twitter for Android app:
- From your home screen, press the menu button and select Applications.
- Select Manage Applications.
- Select Twitter.
- Tap the Uninstall icon at the top.
- If the Twitter for Android app came preloaded on your device, it may not be possible to remove the app completely. Uninstalling will uninstall the latest update. After uninstalling the latest version, you can update the app again from the app store.
To install the Twitter for Android app:
- Open the Google Play app or another app store that features the Twitter for Android app.
- Search for Twitter for Android.
- Select Download and accept the permissions.
- Once the Twitter for Android app finishes downloading, open the app and sign in.
Bookmark or share this article
Twitter is an online news and social networking service on which users post and interact with messages known as 'tweets'. Twitter users are able to post from from various devices and platforms including the iOS, Android, Blackberry and via any web browser.
Twitter problems in the last 24 hours
At the moment, we haven't detected any problems at Twitter. Are you experiencing issues or an outage? Leave a message in the comments section!
Twitter Outage MapThe most recent outage reports and issues originated from:
Twitter CommentsTips? Frustrations? Share them here. Useful comments include a description of the problem, city and postal code.
Twitter Issues ReportsLatest outage, problems and issue reports in social media:
- JUSTICE OUT NOW (@RDStarkTony) reported
hello @TwitterSupport my account @kingtpwkwhich was created on 2012 was unjustly suspended as I've never broken any TOS, I request you to look into the case.
- nyx mini vers. (@justsayaynen) reported
Hi @TwitterSupport, there is no fleets section in my account (@B4DDEST1N). Fleets works fine on this account. The problem is not in my device, its all about the account. Could you please do smth for that, thanks!
- Bunga (@bunganau) reported
Hi, I can't send DMs or I can't reply to anyone in DM. Please fix this issue on my account. I have had this issue for the last 5 days. Thank you! @TwitterSupport
- 🧚🏼♀️ (@pisceanocean_) reported
@TwitterSupport please fix my account (case #0202995160) i still havent received a response after two weeks
- United CryptoPunks (@ucryptopunks) reported
@TwitterSupport there is no ineligible situation. my adds stopped. Urgently, can you fix this problem. thanks a lot i got this: This account is ineligible to run Twitter Ads due to a policy violation by one or more users. Any active campaigns have been paused. ---->
- kim Hongjoong (on the weekends, keira) (@shadowteez) reported
@j3ngho @TwitterSupport TAKE THIS DOWN NOW
- emmy (@JAESJINS) reported
Hi, @TwitterSupport when I try to add someone back to a group conversation it says 'This has been reported as spam.' What is the reason for this and how can I fix this?
- 【 *****-chan 】 (@expertbaka) reported
@seitenmamusha @TwitterSupport i'm really sorry!! but yeah, i found out later that it was part of a glitch that occurred and i'm like of ALL the times to use my old number.. cause they used to had me verify through e-mail and i'm very FRUSTRATED to say the least 😭
- Brent Jones (@jonesbrent570) reported
@TwitterSupport Stop caring about the fleets and clean this platform of the single/****/crypt0 bots already. It's at the point where i can't even log on without one following now. 5 years of this issue is too many.
- herefornotifs (@herefornotifs) reported
@TwitterSupport I can’t seem to sign in to my other account anymore because i don’t have access to the 2FA on my other account. I also don’t remember what email is associated with it. Please help!
- The Man Utd Way (@WasTheManUtdWay) reported
If you followed our other account and would like to help us try and get our account back, please do tweet @TwitterSupport or direct us to someone that can help. We believe we were suspended in error by a computer and it’s impossible to speak to any human about the matter.
- Manal (@Manal96490021) reported
@TwitterSupport @TwitterSupport I have problemi can't apply appeal for my unlocked account???
- 🤍 (@neptoone) reported
hello @TwitterSupport please help me to recover my account (@MOAjajan) because i cant find @moajajan account on search suggestions and the tweets from that account as well whenever i searched it. I hope you can fix it asap.
- slymptic (@slymptic_) reported
@Frankie_Cards @TwitterSupport @FrankieCabrera_ I had similar issues with my account then i was recommended to kinkhacker001 you can reach him on WhatsApp using this number +1 (240) 718‑8218 i advice you go to him he knows what to do
- A. (@xriyeon) reported
Hi @TwitterSupport, my Twitter account @yoonbxn got suspended and i never violated the Twitter rules. Could you please consider and unsuspend it? I appealed the suspension under case #0202449554 via the Help Center form but obtained no response. Thank you and please fix it!
- 🔍 Anime SauceBot (@saucenaopls) reported
@soupank @TwitterSupport people, man. I don't have a clue. Some people have unhealthy amounts of hatred in their lives. They're going to die of a stroke or an aneurysm by 60 if they don't calm down.
- Eu (@Pedrao_herminio) reported
@saucenaopls @TwitterSupport How? How did a complaint from the caption get to this type of issue?
- Read AoT CHP 139, very pain 😶 (@Just_ATR) reported
@saucenaopls @TwitterSupport twitter support is reeaaaallly slow but they do delete such tweets
- TechBoy😎⚠️ (@tedscott_) reported
@ayamous_2 @TwitterSupport I can help you fix or recover your account, Send a Dm
- Temporary (@Tempora57530510) reported
@TwitterSupport after weeks of no response. I am requesting help for the recovery and deletion of my old account @Mr_Dub1 I can still login to it but the email has been deactivated and can't be reopened. Please respond back!! I no longer wish to be on social media!
- Blair (@blair8000a) reported
@DavidSweetMP This is factually untrue. I’m surprised @TwitterSupport hasn’t asked this guy to take down his inaccurate & potentially harmful tweet. I’m further shocked that @erinotoole hasn’t sanctioned this guy. Comparing a stay at home order to an internment camp shows his ignorance.
- andmit (@andmitTV) reported
@ALTRN8MUSIC I typically don't see tweets from a muted account but if I do it's usually because someone I follow interacted with it. If it's a pretty consistent issue, try reaching out to @TwitterSupport
- Sugar Bear (@Sugar_Bear) reported
@TwitterSupport What is the problem? Why am I not getting texts anymore? #InTwitterHell #TwitterSucks
- iyh. (@youijkt) reported
Good day, @TwitterSupport my account @daisyphilen is not showing in search suggestion. Please fix this issue ASAP. I use this account for work. Thank you.
- Simon Benvenutto (@benvenutto) reported
@TwitterSupport lovelies, it appears that on iOS 14.4.2 (18D70) sharing a tweet into messages/iMessages has issues, most of the content just disappears, feels like something broke (but it’s there). On iPhone 7. Ta🙏
- Lizzie (@lizzie__fangirl) reported
@TwitterSupport Daniel Howell tweeted and I got no notification fix now your turning into @instagram when it comes to notifications
- Saul H (@spidey23) reported
@TwitterSupport Ticket form submission not working, what do I do?
- YHWH Ministries (formerly Brother Joshua) (@joshuamalinowsk) reported
@TwitterSupport Its 4/25 and its still not loading my notifications and i'm still having issues logging in.
- G Roy (@GRoy01951128) reported
@TwitterSupport if a person deletes his tweet due technical or typographical error why do you uncessarily display it in the twitter for others' view. It causes embarrassment to the person who deleted the tweet. I requested you earlier to give relief. Next request will be bitter.
- A. (@xriyeon) reported
Hi @TwitterSupport, my Twitter account @wooudz got suspended and i never violated the Twitter rules. Could you please consider and unsuspend it? I appealed the suspension under case #0202449005 via the Help Center form but obtained no response. Thank you and please fix it!