|SpigotMC 1.16.4 |
|1.4.6 - 1.16.4|
|40.5 MB (git-Spigot-0d820fa-5717601)|
The home of Spigot a high performance, no lag customized CraftBukkit Minecraft server API, and BungeeCord, the cloud server proxy. SpigotMC - High Performance Minecraft. Aug 11, 2020 Dear SpigotMC Community, The first builds of our software for Minecraft 1.16.1 have now been released. Although this is a minor update for plugin developers it is a relatively large update overall. DA: 16 PA: 16 MOZ Rank: 17. Spigotmc.org Go URL.
- SpigotMC has 19 repositories available. Follow their code on GitHub.
- The latest tweets from @SpigotMC.
- Release date Tuesday, September 15 2020. Download Create a Server.
SpigotMC, also known simply as Spigot, is a fork of the popular Bukkit server mod. Spigot is meant to increase performance and efficiency, while maintaining compatibility with Bukkit plugins.
Usage on servers[editedit source]
Many larger servers use Spigot, since they tend to use more resources than an average server. Spigot is also ideal for home servers that cannot buy hardware upgrades or pay for server hosting. Home servers tend to lag a lot, typically due to network lag, and the fact your computer has to process the game, the server, and your operating system.
- TPS increases
- Optimized growth, decay and chunk ticking
- Auto stack merging for items and experience orbs
- Chunk garbage collector to prevent chunk leaks
- Configurable values for many vanilla/Bukkit messages (e.g. whitelist, no permission)
- Disabling of random light updates
- Efficient Netty networking engine
- Smart crash and hang detection / prevention
- Entity activation and tracking ranges to ensure client-side and server-side resources are only used when needed
- Prevent server load caused by maps in item frames
- Ability to disable TAB command complete
- Customization over what the console logs (minimal)
- Fine control over growth rates, chunks, and ticks
- Optimized tick loop
- Memory-reducing nibble arrays
- More accurate benchmark timings reports
- Configurable chunk packet sending
- Threaded chunk compression
Other Optimizations & Alternatives[editedit source]
An optimized version of SpigotMC is PaperSpigot, which has more optimizations and is ideal for servers such as anarchy servers which consume a lot of resources.
Bukkit, the plugin development framework.
The documentation is for developing plugins and is split into therespective packages for each subject matter. This documentation does notcover running a server, contributing code back to the project, or settingup a workspace. Working knowledge of the Java language is a prerequisitefor developing plugins.
For basic plugin development, see the
pluginpackage. It covers the basic requirements of a plugin jar.
For handling events and triggered code, see the
event package. Pioneer ddj 800 bags.
Note: While the Bukkit API makes every effort to ensure stability, this isnot guaranteed, especially across major versions. In particular thefollowing is a (incomplete) list of things that are not API.
- Implementing interfaces. The Bukkit API is designed to only beimplemented by server software. Unless a class/interface is obviouslydesigned for extension (eg
BukkitRunnable), orexplicitly marked as such, it should not be implemented by plugins. Althoughthis can sometimes work, it is not guaranteed to do so and resulting bugswill be disregarded.
- Constructing inbuilt events. Although backwards compatibility isattempted where possible, it is sometimes not possible to add new fields toevents without breaking existing constructors. To ensure that the APIcontinues to evolve, event constructors are therefore not plugin API.
- Implementation classes. Concrete implementation classes packaged withBukkit (eg those beginning with Simple) are not API. You should access themvia their interfaces instead.