Slack is where work flows. It's where the people you need, the information you share, and the tools you use come together to get things done. The Standuply app for Slack is your very own digital Scrum master who runs asynchronous meetings via text, voice, or video to track team performance. You’ll first need to go to the Standuply desktop app and choose from a series of reports like Classic Standup report, Retrospective report, Kanban Standup report, and many more.
If your apps don’t work together, how can your team? With Dialpad and Slack, teams can drop toggling between apps and stay focused on the task at hand. Notifications for missed calls, text messages, and voicemails (among others) are automatically pushed to Slack, so you’re never out of the loop when it comes to how and where conversations are happening.
The Dialpad Slack integration offers teams an easier way to view and manage their Main Line, Department, or Call Center activity from a single platform as well as launch 1:1 calls. Once enabled, Dialpad teams using Slack can receive notifications for activities like when a call starts, is completed or missed, when a voicemail is received, when a voicemail transcription is available, and when a text message is received.
The Dialpad + Slack integration is automatically offered as part of your Pro or Enterprise plan type.
Slack Application Definition
- Log call events back to a shared Slack channel including events for:
- When a call starts
- When a call is completed
- When a call is missed
- When a voicemail is received
- When a voicemail transcription is received
- When a text message is received
- Initiate 1:1 calls from Slack by either selecting the call icon or by using the /dialpad command
How to setup
Enable the Integration - Administrators
To enable the Dialpad calling integration, follow these steps:
- To connect your Dialpad account, you can search and find the Dialpad app in the Slack Directory.
- Once you’ve added the Dialpad app to your Slack account, you’ll need to make sure you’ve enabled and turned on the integration in Dialpad before choosing which lines (Main Company Number, Departments, or Call Center) have automatic Slack logging added to them.
- Now that you’ve added Dialpad in Slack and enabled Slack for your Office, the last step is choosing which lines have Slack logging turned on, and what activities you want to push to Slack.
Enable the Integration - Users
After the administrator has installed the Dialpad Slack app, users would need to update their phone numbers and connect their Dialpad account to their Slack account. Please ask all users to follow the below steps
Updating the phone number on the Slack profile:
- In the Slack desktop app, click on workspace name on the top corner to show the profile menu
- Click on 'View Profile' and then click 'Edit Profile' to open up the below screen
- Enter your work phone number in the valid format with the country code in the 'Phone Number' field and click Save.
Slack Create Account
Connecting your Dialpad account to your Slack account:
- In any Direct Message or Channel window, type /dialpad and hit enter. The below message would be shown.
- Click on 'Link Accounts'. This should open a browser window which would take you to your Dialpad login screen.
- Enter your credentials for Dialpad and sign in.
- The accounts should connect automatically and a confirmation message would be shown.
Turn Slack Logging On
Ready to log Dialpad activity to Slack automatically? Just have your Dialpad Admin follow these steps:
- Log into your Dialpad web portal
- Navigate to either your Department or Call Center’s Advanced Settings
- Under Slack, check Enable For This Line
- Select all the activities you’d like to receive notifications for in Slack
- Select the channel you want these notifications pushed to