Windows operating system and Mac OS each have their own pros and cons. It is really handy to be able to keep our hands on both of the operating systems. If you are a regular user, using both the operating system simultaneously can be a hassle. Today we’ll see some of the best virtual machine for mac and Windows.
This article has been divided into two parts. One being the best virtual machine for windows to run Mac OS and other best virtual machine for mac to run other windows based applications.
First, let’s get into some of the best mac osx virtual machine. .
Tutorial video showing the installation process for installing the MAC OSX Virtual PC onto a PC running Microsoft Windows 10 with VM Ware Workstation 14 Pro. Steps to Install macOS Big Sur on VirtualBox on Windows. Install VirtualBox on Windows PC; Install/Update VirtualBox Extension; Create a New Virtual Machine & Customize it; Run VirtualBox Code to the Command Prompt; Start the Virtual Machine; Perform Clean Installation of macOS Big Sur; Summary; Important Note.Best Mac OSX Virtual Machine For Windows
No you can’t just move a Windows 10 license to a virtual machine. You must license the cloud version 25 or more, VDI, or Buy Retail windows 10 Pro, have a volume license, and Software Assurance. Windows 10 does not come with VM server licensing. You can put it on a Workstation style hypervisor such as VMWare Workstation. VirtualBox version: Version 6.0.22 r137980. The host and guest OSes and versions: Windows 10 Host, Guest Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS. Whether you've installed Host Extensions & Guest Additions - Guest CD additions installed. Creating a Windows 10 Virtual Machine on macOS To run Windows-only applications on your Apple computer, you will first need to set up a virtual machine (VM) environment running Microsoft Windows 10. Each component you will need can be acquired free.
Best Virtual Machine for Mac OS
If you are looking to use windows applications in Mac OS X, there are lots of good options out there.
Parallels is by far, hands down the best way to use windows applications on a mac OS laptop/system. I you are looking to visualize your windows based software, parallels got your back.
Parallels take it to a whole new level when it comes to run dual operating systems on your PC. With parallels, you do not have to install the operating system primarily. What you do is, you run a windows operating system within your MAC’s desktop without rebooting the laptop.
The applications run as they are native to the operating system without any glitch or any issues. If you are looking for the best virtual machine for Mac OS X for running windows or windows applications, Parallels is your answer.
- Gone are the days to reboot to switch between OS.
- Windows 10 and macOS Sierra optimized
- You get 500 GB of free online backup
- Convert your existing PC or install a new one.
Vmware Fusion provide a similar feature but the biggest down side of Vmware Fusion is Gaming performance/3D performance. There are lots of users that recommend Vmware Fusion because it provides some extra configurations/customization options that Parallels does not provide. So, if you are not much into gaming, that you cannot go wrong with Vmware Fusion, but we insist you stick with Parallels.
Now let’s see how you can do the same (in other way) on a Windows Computer
Best Mac OSX Virtual Machine For Windows
Yes, you can install or use Mac OS x on your windows computer or hardware. There are two ways you can do it.
- You can use a virtualization software for MAC OS and use Mac os inside windows
- Either you can install Mac OS as a primary operating system which requires in-depth knowledge of your hardware and other stuffs. So we recommend you to stick with the first option.
Using Mac OS inside windows
I have already written a How To guide on all the installation and configuration process for using Mac OS on your windows PC. Check it out.
Virtual Box is a free virtualization software provided by oracle. Since it is a free software, there are some limitations to the usability and advanced features you get on other applications.
Vmware workstation is the best application to install mac OS on windows PC. It provided advanced configurations and customization options. There is so much you can do with Vmware Workstation.
- High end, powerful virtual machines can be created with Vmware Workstation
- Performance is unbeatable like suspending, pausing the state of virtual machines.
- Workstation supports 4k displays and high resolution.
- Setting up networking is a piece of cake.
So, there you have it these were some of the best virtual machine for Mac and windows. These are the best and tried applications among thousands of other applications.
If you face any issues, do let us know in the comments below.
Create Virtual Machine In Windows 10
Before you can set up your VM, you must first download a free copy of Windows 10. To do that:
1. Browse to http://lebow.me/msdn.
2. Select Sign In and sign in with your Drexel logon credentials.
3. Select Download Software.
4. Use the Search field to search for Windows 10 Education.
5. Select Windows 10 Education, Version XXXX.
6. From the Software pane on the right, select Download.
7. From the Software pane on the right, select View Key.
8. Copy the key shown and save it in a location where you can easily find it later. You will need this to complete the installation.
9. Wait for the download to complete.
Method 1: Apple Boot Camp
Advantages: You will have the full resources of your computer available to you under Windows 10.
Disadvantages: You can only use 1 OS at a time, either macOS or Windows 10. You will have to chose the OS to use when booting the computer or by using System Preferences
Apple has macOS version specific directions on their website. To set up a VM using Apple Boot Camp, please refer to the Boot Camp Assistant User Guide on Apple’s website.
Method 2: VirtualBox
Advantages: You can use both OS installations at the same time.
Disadvantages: You will share your computer resources between both OS installations which can result in reduced performance.
Mac Os Virtual Machine Windows 10 Product
- Browse to https://www.virtualbox.org/
- Select Download VirtualBox X.X.
- Select OS X hosts under VirtualBox X.X.X platform packages.
- Browse to the download location on your computer and launch the installer.
- Follow all on-screen directions to complete the installation.
- At the end of the install, you may receive an error stating the installation failed. If so:
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
- Open the Security & Privacy control panel.
- Select the lock icon in the bottom left to unlock the control panel with your macOS password.
- Select Allow next to the VirtualBox install message.
- Close System Preferences.
- Once VirtualBox is installed, follow the directions in section 1.7 of the Oracle VM VirtualBox User Manual to set up the VM.