One more week until the new map drops, Crewmates!
Among Us Innersloth Twitter
Among Us, the viral online multiplayer game, was released in 2018 — two years ago.But its popularity peaked recently, in 2020. Developer InnerSloth had already announced a sequel, Among Us 2.But.
The developer of Among Us, InnerSloth, took to social media today to subject its unexpecting fans to a monstrous crewmate concept just before the weekend.The team, known for the kind of chaotic energy that resulted in a trial by lava for the Xbox Series X, launched the murder-laden social deception game back in 2018, though the title’s popularity skyrocketed last year. Official Innersloth Discord! Connect with people who love Among Us and Henry Stickmin. 500,000 members. InnerSloth is a Redmond, Washington-based video game-development studio,1 most notable for creating the game Among Us and The Henry Stickmin Collection.234They create games for PC, macOS, and Mobile device.5 InnerSloth video game developers include Forest Willard,67 Marcus Bromander,89 and Amy Liu.1011 The developer team persevered when their product did not find success immediately. Innersloth, Redmond, Washington. 535K likes 2,875 talking about this. We're a 5 person Seattle-ish and abroad based indie game dev company who made Among Us and The Henry Stickmin Collection!
I wanted to jump in and quickly explain the account system that'll be launching with the map, since I'm going to assume once the update launches very few people are going to read the dev log, lol.
INFORMATION ON ACCOUNTS
Right now accounts are focused on reporting and moderation capabilities, but in the future we hope to add a friend system and the ability to transfer your cosmetics between devices. Cool? Cool!
- You will be able to report if someone in the game is acting inappropriately, including: inappropriate names, inappropriate chat, cheating/hacking, and harassment/misconduct. Consequences can range from temporary to permanent bans (including alternate accounts).
- Note that reports will be read by people (not bots!) and you will need to provide a reason as to why you are reporting.
- No linking of multiple accounts yet (Steam account is only on Steam, Epic account is only on Epic, etc.) It’ll be coming soon though.
- You must create an account to access free chat (without it you will have to use Quick Chat for safety!)
- You must create an account to freely change your display name. If you do not create an account, there will be randomized names you can choose from.
- Usernames are not exclusive. Multiple people can have the same username. (So if you take the username 'PuffballsUnited', other people can still use 'PuffballsUnited'.)
- If you are under the minimum age of digital consent in your country (for most countries 13 is the minimum age), you have to get a parent/guardian's permission to access free chat (which then allows you to create an account), or change your display name.
- Without an account (or if you're a minor who doesn't want to ask your parent/guardian for approval), you can still play via Guest Mode. This locks you to Quick Chat and doesn't allow you to change your name other than with a randomly generated name.
- A corresponding Code of Conduct will be available on our website that outlines the expectations for our community and consequences.
The launch of an age gate, Quick Chat and an accounts system that requires children to obtain a parent/guardian's permission to use free chat or change their display names are all our initial efforts towards making it more safe for children to play Among Us, and comply with various global requirements in the process. Thanks for sticking with us!
Note on Bugs
We know there are still a few bugs from our last update (e.g. Nintendo Switch having public lobby connection issues, certain Android devices still having shadow glitches, game ending improperly, and more.) The map drop will come with patches to the biggest problems, and hopefully won't create anymore huge ones.
Random Fun Bit
We showed off two of the new, free hats that'll be coming with the Airship update. Angry eyebrows and Unicorn hat!
Innersloth Games Twitter
There are still a few more to show off on Twitter as we lead up to the map drop.
There will also be an Airship Skin Pack you can buy along with the game. It'll include 3 new skins (one of which has a custom kill animation) and 13 new hats! You've probably spotted quite a few of them in the opening to the Airship's trailer.
Innersloth Among Us Twitter
See you in a week! Pray our servers don't die haha agh.
Victoria and the Innersloth team
Join your crewmates in a multiplayer game of teamwork and betrayal!
Play online or over local wifi with 4-10 players as you attempt to hold your spaceship together and return back to civilization. But beware..as there may be an alien impostor aboard!
Among Us Innersloth
One crewmate has been replaced by a parasitic shapeshifter. Their goal is to eliminate the rest of the crew before the ship reaches home. The Impostor will sabotage the ship, sneak through vents, deceive, and frame others to remain anonymous and kill off the crew.
While everyone is fixing up the ship, no one can talk to maintain anonymity. Once a body is reported, the surviving crew will openly debate who they think The Impostor is. The Impostor's goal is to pretend that they are a member of the crew. If The Impostor is not voted off, everyone goes back to maintaining the ship until another body is found. If The Impostor is voted off, the crew wins!