An artist’s greatest tool is their brushes. From having better control on the amount of paint applied to achieving more precise line work, the right kind of brush plays a huge role.
- Fine Point Paint Brushes
- Fine Detail Model Paint Brushes
- Fine Detail Oil Paint Brushes
- Fine Detail Model Paint Brushes
But will buying a set which is considered as one of the best model brushes among your peers be enough? Well, the answer to this question is No”.
The Minute Series XII brushes are ideal for painting small details. If you're just starting out I'd suggest getting the Maestro Series XV first, and then if you find that you want to paint more details, the Minute Series XII brushes would make a great addition to your collection of brushes. This OOKU Detail Fine Tip Paint Brush Set is an extremely high quality multipack, containing nine fantastic brushes of different sizes, from size 000 to 6. It ships with a fantastic wool storage.
Thus, to make sure that you can buy a brush set that suits you, here a buyer’s guide along with reviews of the 4 most well-loved sets have been provided. So, without further ado, here we go:
|Model||Size, pack||Paint type||Raiting|
|Paint 12pc||12||acrylic, watercolor, oil||4.7|
|MyArtscape||12||acrylic, watercolor, gouache, oil||4.5|
|Virtuoso||15||acrylic, watercolor, oil||4.7|
|Nicpro||15||acrylic, watercolor, oil||4.6|
Fine Point Paint Brushes
Paint 12pc by D’Artisan Shoppe – Best for Beginners
Aren’t you tried of flaking paint on handles? The manufacturer claims that designing them like this will allow the user to reach small or tight spots or points and get precise outcome. Micro detailing on figurines, airplanes, cars, dolls, ships and other models can be done with accuracy.
The design plays a huge role and the set contains fine tipped brushes. The company also mentioned that these brushes can be used for rock painting and creating illustrations of botanical or wildlife.
The model brush set contains 12 pieces, and if you are a beginner then they will be plenty to master your craft. It is an affordable synthetic alternative option which contains 12 miniature paint brushes which includes Flats (0 and 1), Liners (4/0, 3/0, 2/0, 0 and 1), Rounds (4/0, 3/0, 2/0, 0 and 1), Brush Holder and Dust Bag to keep moths away. It is hand crafted individually and also double crimped which provide non-loose ferrules or bristles.
- The synthetic best model brushes set is suitable to work with different types of paints like oil, watercolor, enamels, acrylic, gouache and also citadel.
- It is designed with ergonomic handles (triangular shaped) which allows the user to work with them for a long time minimizing the downsides of fatigue.
- It comes with portable case (plastic) which allows easy storage and also helps to carry it anywhere. The company also provides a dust bag which provides extra protection.
- All round brushes come with protective covers to reach you in pristine condition.
- Easy To Clean – 7 layers of UV coated paint on handles means no flaking paint off your handles.
- If not taken care of properly, the synthetic hair tend to fall off.
- Not suitable for professionals.
MyArtscape – Best Value for Money (Best Price)
The detail paint brush set containing 12 pieces happens to feature the best Korean filament as per the manufacturer and also promises to have durable handles that do not lose their shape overtime.
Aren’t we all tried of the brushes losing their shape constantly? Wireless one handed gaming keyboard.
The manufacturer even paid attention when it comes to the quality of the brushes.
The company even uses robust, strong packaging which ensures the ferrules or hair is not damaged in transit.
It is a great value for money product as at an affordable price, the company is providing Flats (0 and 1), Liners (4/0, 3/0, 2/0, 0 and 1) and Rounds (4/0, 3/0, 2/0, 0 and 1). With these 12 brushes, the user can enjoy art painting, detailed face or portrait painting, wargaming, model airplanes, miniatures, airplanes, army figurines and Warhammer 40K.
- The brushes are super fine which allows detailing with ease.
- It claims to have durable handles as well.
- It comes with a 1-year replacement guarantee and can be returned without any hassle.
- The handles or the shape is not ergonomic.
- Does not come with a box or bag for storing.
Virtuoso – The All-Rounder, Perfect for all (Editor’s Choice)
Are you a beginner trying to find best model brushes to start? Are you a professional looking for a set to take your craft to the next level? Or are you looking for set with which you can practice with and then use it after you have become an expert? Keeping these needs in mind, the manufacturer tried their best to produce this15-piece set made with good quality, durable materials.
Fine Detail Model Paint Brushes
The specialty of this set is that the brushes have thicker and shorter handles. The designing of the handles allows the user to use it comfortably while being able to produce precise lines. The Korean filament are super fine and comes with anti-shedding bristles.
The 15 pieces consist of a wide range of brushes including Flats (0 and 1), Rounds (4/0, 3/0, 2/0, 0 and 1) and Liners (4/0, 3/0, 2/0, 0 and 1). As per the manufacturer, the user can paint with oil, enamel, watercolor and acrylic paints. The bristles play a huge role behind the popularity of this brush set. It is made withfaux hair which a durable and crimped securely ferrules that can use for face painting, miniatures, adult coloring books, different complex figurines, models and doll houses. The company even mentioned that the paint brushes can be used for nail art as well.
- All brushes are inspected by experts and packaged in such a way so that they are not damaged in transit.
- Made to be durable and long-lasting.
- It comes with a lifetime replacement guarantee.
- It is not suitable for all types of paints.
- It is bit on the expensive side.
Nicpro – Professional’s Go-To Choice
Are you a professional looking for that best model brushes that can cater to all your artistic needs?
This 15-piece set is known to be a favorite of many professionals who swears by this brush.
The best thing about this brush set is their uniquely designed handles.
As per the manufacturer, the design of the handles was made in this unique shape for two reasons. Firstly, the user can paint with them for hours without issues like straining or cramping. And secondly, the design prevents them from rolling away keeping the workspace organized and clean or mess-free.
With this model brush set you will get Spot (0 and 1), Flats (2/0, 0 and 1), Rounds (4/0, 3/0, 2/0, 0 and 1) and Liners (4/0, 3/0, 2/0, 0 and 1). With these brushes achieving fine detailing work will be made easy. The company claims that the brushes can be used to paint on action figures, models, doll houses, dolls, rocks and other such subjects. If you mainly work with watercolor, oil and acrylic then this brush might will help your work.
- It is made with synthetic hair which do not cause hair shedding or splitting.
- The company provides a portable container made with good quality plastic and a dust bag which helps the user to protect the brushes as long as possible.
- It comes with a no-question-asked replacement or refund.
- It is not suitable for all kinds of paints.
- It is bit expensive.
Buyer’s Guide for best model brushes
Fine Detail Oil Paint Brushes
- Should I purchase faux hair or synthetic hair?
- Will long handle be good choice for me or short handles?
- Which size of paint brushes will be best for me?
- Does buying a brush set with guarantee means perfect purchase?
To help you further understand which brush set will be the right one for you, here are some common FAQs which you need take into consideration when buying a model brush set:
Should I purchase faux hair or synthetic hair?
Synthetic hair tends to get stiffer when wet (allowing precise outcome easily) and works best with acrylics, whereas with faux hair not only you can achieve fine strokes you can add a subtle softness to your work.
Will long handle be good choice for me or short handles?
The purpose of long and short handles is to create a desired distance from the painting surface. While long handles work best when you are working on a model/figurine, short handles are usually the standard size of a pencil or pen which feels more comfortable. Short handles are best for beginners while long handles provide much advantage allowing a beginner to turn into a professional with practice.
Which size of paint brushes will be best for me?
Even if you tend to work on somewhat similar subjects, having a wide range of options to work with will help you to improve craft. So, it will be best to go for a set which offers a wide range of sizes rather than few standard sizes.
Does buying a brush set with guarantee means perfect purchase?
Fine Detail Model Paint Brushes
All the best model brushes set comes with some kind of guarantee, however to truly get the best out of your brushes, maintaining and cleaning is a must. Even though buying brush set with a guarantee acts as a safety net, make sure to buy durable and easy to clean brushes to maintain the brushes’ integrity for years to come.
There you have it; reviews of some of the best model brush sets and also a buying guide to help you choose the right one for you. It has been said that these manufacturers are looking for ways to further develop their designs yet as of they work perfectly. So by taking the things mentioned here into consideration, shopping for the right model brush set for your work will be an easy task.