AMP for WP automatically adds Accelerated Mobile Pages (Google AMP Project) functionality to your WordPress site. AMP makes your website faster for Mobile visitors.
What’s New in this Version? Priority Support View Demo Screenshots Community
AMP for WP automatically adds Accelerated Mobile Pages (Google AMP Project) functionality to your WordPress site. AMP makes your website faster for Mobile. AMP for WP automatically adds Accelerated Mobile Pages (Google AMP Project) functionality to your WordPress site. AMP makes your website faster for Mobile visitors. What’s New in this Version? Priority Support View Demo Screenshots Community. Extensions Some useful extensions to extend AMP features, check AMP Adsense Support, Contact Form 7 Support, Email Opt-in Support and Call To. Advanced AMP Ads Updated to Version 126.96.36.199 meraj 50 sec read; SASWP Pro extension manager Updated to Version 1.2.3 meraj 1 min read; Newspaper AMP Theme Updated to Version 2.0.35 meraj 54 sec read; WPML For AMP Updated to Version 1.7.12 meraj 57 sec read.
Some useful extensions to extend AMP features, check AMP Adsense Support, Contact Form 7 Support, Email Opt-in Support and Call To Action Support. To view more, go to our Extensions page.
We try our best to provide support on WordPress.org forums. However, We have a special community support where you can ask us questions and get help about your AMP related questions. Delivering a good user experience means a lot to us and so we try our best to reply each and every question that gets asked.
Bug reports for AMP for WP are welcomed on GitHub. Please note GitHub is not a support forum, and issues that aren’t properly qualified as bugs will be closed.
- NEW – Gutenberg Support
- NEW – Divi and Elementor Support More Info
- NEW – Improved CSS Optimization (Tree Shaking)
- NEW – Google Fonts Support For All Designs
- NEW – Addthis Sharing Support
- NEW – AMP Infinite Scroll Support
- NEW – Photo Gallery by 10Web Support
- NEW – MEWE social network Support
- NEW – GDPR Compliance
- Out of the box compatiblity for Yoast SEO, All in One Seo, Rank Math, Genesis, SEOPress, Bridge Qode SEO, The SEO Framework and Squrilly SEO Plugin.
- Introducing Page Builder 3.0 for AMP! Learn More & Video
- New Default Theme for AMP called Swift
- 3 Pre-built AMP Layouts for Business websites and landing pages
- OneSignal Push Notifications integration
- Advanced WooCommerce Support More Info
- AMP Plugins Manager – Which allows you to disable a specific plugin functionality only in the AMP version
- Structured Data Options
- Page Break / NextPage (Pagination) Support
- Contact Form 7 Support More Info
- Graviry Form Support More Info
- Caldera Form Support More Info
- Ninja Form Support More Info
- Facebook Comments Support
- Github Gist Support
- Email Opt-in Subscription form support in AMP added
- Call to Action boxes and notification bars
- 9 Advertisement sizes – 2 More AD slots added recently
- Comments Forms in AMP.
- Native AMP Search functionality.
- Design 3 Watch the Video Overview
- Disqus Comments Support
- Google Tag Manager Support
- Page, Category & Tags Support Added
- Custom AMP Editor – Which allows you to override your Content that you had written in Post or page, so you can add the different content just for AMP.
- Mobile Redirection – More than 50% of your traffic is from mobile and you aren’t doing anything to improve their user experience, which means you are falling behind on SEO and it can result in lower SERPS. Lightning fast mobile version means faster User experience means more engagement which directly results in the lower bounce rate.
- Custom Post Type Support
- Star Ratings
- Drag & Drop Page builder Added
- 4 Designs for AMP
- AMP WooCommerce Support
- Switch on/off Support for Pages & Posts on AMP
- Translation Panel & RTL
- Internal AMP linking – You can browse AMP pages internally
- Related posts below the post
- Recent Comments list
- Automatically integrate AMP to your website.
- Google Adsense (AMP-AD) Support with 4 different Ad slots across the layout! The First Plugin to have this capability.
- Built in MGID Ads Support with 6 different ad slots.
- Google Analytics Support.
- User Friendly Theme Options Panel.
- Unlimited Color Scheme.
- Image Logo Upload.
- Supports Posts and Pages and other custom post types.
- Proper rel canonical tags which means that Google know the original page.
- Overlay Navigation Menu bar.
- Social Sharing in the Single.
- Sexy Design.
- Separate WordPress Menu for AMP version.
- Page builder & Shortcodes Compatibility.
- Carousel support for Gallery.
- Better Image stretching and resizing.
- Youtube Video Embed Support.
- Vine Embed Support.
- Twitter oembed Support.
- Instagram Embed Support.
- Facebook Video Embed Support.
- RTL Support
- Custom AMP FrontPage
- Alexa Metrics, Chartbeat, Hi-stats, Yandex Metrika, Piwik, Segment.com, StatCounter, Effective Measure and comScore Builtin Support
- Incontent & DoubleClick Support
- Great Support & Active Development.
- Widgets & WooCommerce
- Breadcrumb Support added
- Facebook Instant Articles Support Added
- AMP Installation Wizard that makes it easy to setup for new users.
- Category base remover support
- Tag base remover support
- 7 New Social Media Integrations added (Reddit, Tumblr, Telegram, Digg, StumbleUpon, Wechat, Viber)
- AMP Theme Framework Core Support Added. You can now create AMP templates of your own in just minutes. More
- NEW – Make AMP & Non-AMP Same with just one click!
- NEW – Allows you to use AMP as primary website!
JOIN CHAT GROUP COMMUNITY: Purpose of this group is to get proper suggestions and feedback from plugin users and the community so that we can make the plugin even better.
1. User Documentation: The AMP for WordPress plugin is easy to setup but we have some tutorials and guides prepared for you which will help you dive deep with the plugin.
2. Developer Docs: We have created special documentations for developers and semi technical users who are willing to modify the plugin according to their own needs.
3. Support: We try our best to provide support on WordPress.org forums. However, We have a special community support where you can ask us questions and get help about your AMP related questions. Delivering a good user experience means a lot to us and so we try our best to reply each and every question that gets asked.
4. Premium Support: We will personally take care that your website’s AMP version is perfectly validated. We will make sure that your AMP version gets approved and indexed by Google Webmaster Tools properly and we will even keep an eye on AMP updates from Google and implement them into your website.
Amp For Wordpress
Mac os mojave virtual machine image. Some code used in this plugin was forked from ‘AMP for WordPress’ plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/amp/ – License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html.
Mobile & Tablet detection library used https://github.com/serbanghita/Mobile-Detect – License URI: https://github.com/serbanghita/Mobile-Detect/blob/master/LICENSE.txt
PHP CSS Parser library used https://github.com/sabberworm/PHP-CSS-Parser – License URI: https://github.com/sabberworm/PHP-CSS-Parser#license (PHP-CSS-Parser is freely distributable under the terms of an MIT-style license.)
Can I add analytics?
Yes, you easily can. In fact, we have support for 12 Analytics companies. Including Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, StatCounter, QuantCast, Chartbeat, comScore to list a few. Also, we have Google Tag Manager (GTM) support as well.
Can I add Ads in my AMP pages?
Yes, you can. We have 6 ad placement slots that are built in and strategically placed to get maximum views. Also, we have an extension from which you can insert ads between the content, will get more ad slots and also add custom banners to all the available slots.
Can I extend/Change the AMP design, so it suits my needs?
Yes, you easily can. We have created this plugin in such a way that it can easily be extended. Check out our AMP Theme Framework
Do you have any prebuilt designs?
Yes, we have AMP themes section where we have free and paid designs available. We also update it regularly. You can check it out our AMP Themes
I’m a developer and I want to add custom functionality for a client, can I do that?
Yes, of course. This plugin is very developer friendly, we have lots of hooks and filters that you can use to extend and customize according to the requirements. Also, we have developer documentation which we update regularly.
How do I report bugs and suggest new features?
You can report the bugs here
Amp For Wp Plugin
Will you Add New features to my request?
Yes, Absolutely! We would suggest you send your feature request by creating an issue in Github . It helps us organize the feedback easily.
How do I get in touch?
You can contact us from here
Modern website development needs have evolved over the past few years. Nowadays, the most important aspects web developers should keep in mind when creating websites are mobile-friendliness and fast loading speed. In recent years, the number of smartphone users has increased dramatically.
So, it is extremely important that their needs are met with perfection. No one likes to visit your website if it is too slow and takes a lot of time to load images and videos. Long loading time will result in a higher bounce rate, and this is certainly not good for your website.
There are tons of techniques in WordPress to optimize your website for mobile, but in this article, I will tell you about the best and smartest way of doing this through the Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) technique by Google.
Do you know what the AMP Project is? If not, then this article is for you. I will give an overview of the AMP Project, how it works, steps to setup AMP in WordPress, and some WordPress AMP themes and plugins.
What Is The AMP Project?
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) is an open source initiative by Google towards making the website faster and mobile friendly. It received worldwide recognition due to its great features as it allowed web developers to of their websites on mobile platforms.
When you are using a framework developed by Google, you are playing in the safe hands. Moreover, you get several benefits of using Google’s technology. For example, if you are using the AMP HTML framework to develop your website, it will be cached directly by Google without having to put any extra efforts. Cool, isn’t it?
Why AMP is important
The real question here is: Why is it important for you? As it is confirmed by Google that mobile internet usage has surprisingly increased upto 60% now and the following bar graph from Hitwise shows the mobile internet usage according to the types of websites.
Let’s discuss the business here! What’s the goal of creating your online website at the first place? You wanted to get more traffic and get more leads. Most of us agree to that. So, what if there is a faster way of spreading interest. AMP is the right tool for this purpose.
Advantages Of Using AMP Project
Here are some core advantages that you will get once you use AMP for your website:
- Faster loading website for mobile users
- Automatic caching by Google
- Higher ranking on Google Search
- Increased visibility for publishers
- Visitor analytics to track user’s behavior and needs
Disadvantages of AMP
However, it is not necessary all rosy. The AMP can be bit convoluted and you might to do a bit of tweaking to get its full benefits. So, do not expect an execution out-of-the-box.
- Menu bar changes completely and might not appeal to the user
- Using AMP requires more effort and resources.
- Not all content works with AMP. Videos on the page might take the same time to load.
Nonetheless, its benefits are far greater than disadvantages.
I know the information I have provided till now could be a bit overwhelming. So, I have created an infographic that you can use as a guide.
How Does AMP Work To Accelerate Your Pages?
As AMP has its own lightweight framework, you have to use its custom styles and functionalities to implement it on your website. AMP pages are completely based on CSS, and this is how they achieve lightning fast speed. AMP supports styles only in <head> tag, as it is the fastest way to implement styling. AMP does not have any external CSS. Thus, you cannot use inline CSS and animations, as they are the major factors that slow down your website.
So the only way to apply styles using AMP is through the head tag, and for that, you have to use <style amp-custom> tag.
Here is a sample HTML file showing how AMP works:
- Update logo of your site when it appears on mobile devices
- Navigation menu on mobile devices
- Add featured images to your posts
- Setup Google Analytics
- Display the WordPress comment section
- Add custom code to your posts, CSS, and footer
Glue for Yoast SEO and AMP
Yoast developed the plugin Glue that I have included in this article for SEO friendly website developers and people using SEO plugins by Yoast. Just like Glue, this plugin is lightweight, and performs an important task for your website; it makes sure that your AMP pages stick to the correct Yoast SEO metadata.
Also Read: Is Yoast the only good plugin for WordPress SEO?
The most interesting and helpful part is that you can install these plugins and configure your website as you previously did. Once you install Glue for Yoast SEO and AMP, you just have to activate the plugin. Other than that, you just keep updating the Yoast SEO settings for each post as you were doing already.
Once you have completed the AMP setup on your website, it is necessary to get it validated from the AMP Project’s website. Just enter your AMP post URL to know if the page is working properly.
Time to AMP-lify!
I am sure that you are now convinced of the benefits of using the AMP project for accelerating your website. It not only boosts your website’s speed, but also silently helps it rank better in SERPs as it is preferred over non-AMP pages. Technology is already shifting to mobile devices, and it is important that you stay ahead of the curve and meet the evolving needs of users. Google’s own AMP helps you achieve this with extreme ease.
Although you have to install a couple of plugins to setup AMP in WordPress, I assure you that it is a piece of cake. Moreover, it will result in better user experience and faster website loading speed on mobile devices.